Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Something smelly

No no, I wasn't referring to Dexter's pent up poo.. *grin*

My hoomans came back from their usual wheekend grocery shopping smelling some what stinky. As if they stepped on some poop (not mine!) and forgot to wash their feet. Yet the smell wasn't all that repulsive. But before I can sniff around their groceries, they brought me out and I happily forgot about it.

When I got home, the smell permeated everywhere. I was dying to find out but was whisked away for the much hated shower. When I was finally dry, Daddy revealed the source of the stinky smell, something called due-rians.
The hoomans took the whole smelly box and went off to watch teevee, leaving me sniffing in the air after them. I thought the forgot all about me but half an hour later, Mumsy came back with half a due-rian seed for me to try. Apparently it was becos Daddy was too full and couldn't finish the last seed. How apt right? I took a tentative sniff at it, then a lick. To my surprise, it tasted wonderful. Soft, sweet and creamy! I quickly gobbled the whole thing up and kept licking Mumsy's fingers for more, but she said that's all I am having.

Here are some photos of me eating the wonderful fruit. Mumsy told me it is called the king of fruits!

First tentative sniff

And the first lick

Finally going crazy for more

What's left of it

9 comments:

Dexter.Yew said...

Cody! Boy am I glad we have something in common now. We both love durians.U some more say your hoomans don't pamper you? My dog! Isn't it sweet and creamy? Absolutely heavenly! Savour every bit of it because it don't come by very often.

=p
Dexter

Cody, THE Fussy Pot Pants said...

Yeah Dexter, it tasted absolutely wonderful! Can't understand why the hoomans don't have it everyday!

After eating it, i refused to eat my kibbles again.. sigh...

Benhur Xobile said...

Hey Cody,
Glad to see that you have discovered the GREAT FRUIT!!!! And what's with the tentative sniff??? Just eat then taste later. That's what I usually do. Haha....

=)

Ume said...

ahhh... i c dat u had made your acqaintance with lew lian, the king of fruits! yuuuummmmy!

Scruffy said...

Hi Cody

Just dropped by to say Hi. I share your opinion of durians. They are just about the bestest food on earth.

The Mighty Scruff

Cody, THE Fussy Pot Pants said...

Hello hello!

U guys all love due-rians too? Why didn't u tell me earlier?!!! *wails* Then I would have bugged my hoomans for it!

Hello Scruffy! Please to meet choo! I feel kinda left out cos everybody knew abt due-rians except me.

wally said...

My ma ape has never had these drururururreeans but she's heard about them and smelled them! She's curious so maybe I'll get to try 'em! I love everything so I'll probably love 'em! Never any worries about me not eating my dinners, though!

wally.

Cody, THE Fussy Pot Pants said...

Wally, due-rians are like the most amazing thing on earth. Sweet and creamy and smells like nothing I have ever known. U either love it or hate it..

Does ur mum like the smell of it? I overheard one Mumsy's friend saying that it smelt like fermented chicked backside to her. Too bad this item is not allowed on planes or I will send you some!

Cody, THE Fussy Pot Pants said...

Oops spelling error. It should be CHICKEN backside not chicked backside.. Thinking of due-rians is making my paws weak...